Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Inspiration plus winners

Good morning, are you all ready for Christmas?? Or are you still rushing round shopping, wrapping pressies and making those last minute cards?? You've still got loads of time to enter our Christmas challenge as we're giving the DT a well earned rest so this challenge will run until 3rd January ! 
As always our lucky winner will receive some gorgeous goodies from those lovely people at 
If you're visiting to add your project to our Christmas Challenge, just click
to go straight to the linky!!

Before we check out the inspiration from the DT its time to announce the lucky winner and Top 3 from our last challenge and wow you guys really rocked the 'Colouring' theme!!

Without any further ado, our lucky winner (chosen by Random.org) is ....
Congratulations hun email us with your snail mail details to claim your prize and don't forget to quote your winners code which is PPWK2801

This time around, Top 3 honours go to

Woo hoo, congratulations ladies, amazing projects!! Don't forget to pick up your badges for your blogs

Now lets see what the DT have been creating to inspire you

Doreen
I have altered a door hanger, I started by putting some light moddeling paste through a stencil then after it dried gave a coat of Gesso. I then gave a coat of blue pastel to the background and coloured the holly and baubles, Last of all I silver embossed a snowflake stamp with Versamark and edged all the edges with Black Soot Distress ink.xxx







Yvonne - I've used cling film, Versamark and Panpastels to make this background.  Pop over to my blog for more information on how I achieved this look





Claire C   I've had lots of Christmassy fun altering this wooden ornament that I got for 50p in the poundshop sale last year, what a bargain!! I stencilled the brick over the letters with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste and then once it was dry coloured the bricks with Burnt Sienna and a little Raw Umber PanPastel. I've coloured the Dutch Doobadoo fence and lanterns with more PanPastels (applying versamark ink first to get more depth of colour). The Dutch Doobadoo snowflakes were coloured with PanPastel Course White medium for a gorgeous shimmer. The 'Christmas  Trees' are actually Dutch Doobadoo Laser Art Ferns, coloured with PanPastels and turned upside down before being decorated with glitter glue. I added the stamped images and then to finish off I created some more snow along the bottom of the scene and on the letters by applying Maimeri Light Modelling Paste and sprinkling on lots of crushed glass glitter. For all the details and more pics pop over to my blog



You can find links to all the products I've used here:




Terry I had fun making a few items for the inspiration week....I altered two wrappings from the PanPastels and thought I would make a Candle holder out of them.....I started out with Gesso and played with the Stars Stencil from Dutch Doobadoo, worked on it with the Light Modelling Paste and colored the whole wrapper with the Red PanPastel and on top te White COARSE Pearlescent Pan. To finish my project I placed some Lace and Santa in the middle. I kept it simple but it was a lot of fun making this project. The second Christmas Candle Holder was made the same way, only difference is that it has a piece of lace with stars on it and a Vintage girly image.To top the Canle projects I painted it with Iridescent Paste.



 The products that I have worked with are:



****************************************

Merry Christmas and a very happy and crafty New Year to all our lovely followers!!
We'll be back on 4th January with a fun new challenge to kick off the new year

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much ladies for picking me in the top 3......a lovely surprise on a Sunday morning.

    The DT makes are really as stunning as ever. Happy Christmas and please keep inspiring us all in 2015

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful festive inspiration from the DT - so full of beautiful colour and detail TFS x
    And WoW what a wonderful surprise, I made the top 3 - YeY!!! Thank you for picking me I had a ball creating with my Pans and now they're dusted off n back out on my desk I'll be joining you again <3

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!