Sunday 16 November 2014

Challenge 27 Cold and Frosty Colours

Good morning and welcome to a brand new challenge, our theme for the next two weeks is

Cold and Frosty Colours
as always there's a fab prize up for grabs, our lucky winner will receive some gorgeous goodies from (colours may vary)

Premium Craft Brands

 

As always the DT have come up with some amazing projects to inspire you

Anjie -  I have created a background by drawing some rough squares with a fine liner pen and then colouring them and the background in using Pan Pastels. I have used the Pearlescent blue, green and yellow Pans. I have used the stamps from The Purpose of Art stamp set and coloured them in using the same colour Pan Pastels.




Doreen
I have masked off my moon and hills as usual and used just two PanPastel colours to produce my background. Phthalo Blue and Titanium White
 I then stamped the trees and my sentiment and added a diecut tree to finish.xxx








Yvonne - I thought these were perfect colours for a Christmas Card, dare I admit that this is my first one this year??!!  All details on my blog and your all welcome.





Tracy -Hello PP Friends,  I would like to introduce you to " Frosty the snowman. "
 I had so much fun doodling and painting him onto a canvas . . . but . . . He was demanding, lol and wanted only the yummiest of crafty stash to be used from the new Pan Pastel Pearlescents and mediums along with a few other colours.
 Haven`t tried the new Pearlescent Pan Pastels and Mediums Yet? Oh my you are going to loooove them, seriously I am addicted , can you see al that sparkle . . . that was created by using the White Coarse Medium Pan Pastel . . . not sure how I lived without it! All the details are on my blog. xox




Terry: I made a FROSTY heartshaped box, would make a nice gift for someone. I started out with Gesso, Light Modelling Paste was used with the Roses Stencil from Dutch Doobadoo. The box was colored with Blue Pearlescent Pans, White, Silver Metallic and White COARSE Pearl Medium to give it a bit of a shimmer. On top of the box I placed some Softboard and a few hearts that I made with the kraft hearts template. Poored Mixed Medium inside and let it dry out, colored the hearts and topped it off with Crackle for an extra Frosty look.







Claire C I've altered a jar to create a tea light holder, sorry for the awful photo, the Pearl Pans are so sparkly its really difficult to get a decent pic


I began by creating some texture, applying some crumpled tissue paper with Maimeri Gloss Gel Medium. Once that was dry I added Blue pearl PanPastel to the top 2/3 of the jar and then Maimeri Platinum White Acrylic paint to the bottom, I applied the paint thickly with a spatula to create the effect of hills and then dusted on some of the coarse White Pearl Medium for some extra sparkle. Once that was all dry I added trees, little cottages and deer by stamping the images on tissue and applying them with more Glossy Gel Medium. The stamped images aren't showing up too well in the pic but they look really pretty in real life





We'll be back next week with lots more inspiration and we'll also be announcing the winner and Top 3 from our last challenge too so don't forget to pop back

**************************************************************
We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone
3. We'd love you to TRY and play along with the challenge if you can although it's not a hard and fast rule but extra brownie points are awarded to those who do. 
4. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address - if the prize is not claimed within 14 days it will be offered to someone on the Top 3 from the same week.
5. You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter

The challenge will run until Saturday 30th November and the winner and top 3 will be announced on Sunday 7th December

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous DT makes once again,loving the snowman a lot :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An appropriate theme as it's really col today. Great samples from the DT

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!