Sunday 15 October 2017

Welcome our Guest Designer Jan

Good morning crafty friends, we've got a fabulous project from this weeks talented Guest Designer, Scatty Jan for you today but before we have a look at Jan's gorgeous artwork just a little reminder about this month's challenge!
Our theme is

Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes

and  we've got a gorgeous prize of stamps AND papers from Polkadoodles ....

 






It's so easy to enter, you can use any products to play along, just have lots of crafty fun and enter your project here!


Back to our lovely Jan who's been a busy bee making not one but three stunning tags for us....

No automatic alt text available.

Jan has used some of the awesome Oddella images from the IckyInk collection at  Polkadoodles and the Absolute Vintage Clear Stamp set to make these tags, you can find links to them at the end of this post. Here's how Jan created these little beauties .....

I cut out three tag shapes onto watercolour card and printed off three of the lovely Oddella's that you can find in the Polkadoodles store here I coloured up the Oddella's using Polychromo Pencils in shades of grey and red I used Distress Oxides on the tags mainly Iced Spruce with some splashes of Black soot. Next came the stamps I used Absolute Vintage Clear stamp set - stamping Cogs and clocks randomly. I also used a few other stamps for the circles and lines. I also had a play with a few masks. Added a little red paint to the top of each one and let it run down the tag. I lastly added a few different size sequins and a sentiment to each one The sentiments have a brush of fired brick distress ink and finished off with a little doodle

Now let's find out a little more about the lovely lady herself .....

Hi , I am Scatty Jan, the only photo's I have of me are selfies with my Granddaughter (always silly ones too) ~I started crafting 7 years ago I started out by making a scrapbook, and after trawling the internet for ideas I found card making , colouring blah de blah. I was never really into crafts as a child so was very surprised how much of a hold this took . I really love to colour up , and after years of hiding from stamps I now adore them and they are one of my favourite crafting items ~ I also adore Distress Oxides. Nothing beats a fab craft session with my best friends (My portrait and My Granddaughter) xx



Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Gorgeous pic of our lovely Jan isn't it? As you can imagine, Jan is such fun to work with in the land of Polkadoodles! Please check out her blog as she's a real inspiration and creates some stunning projects - she's a real whiz with her Portrait!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous tags with us Jan!!

Thanks for visiting, don't forget to click here to link up your entry to our challenge
We'll be back next week with more inspiration from a brand new Guest Designer!!

Hope to see you then :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!