Sunday 1 September 2024

Challenge 8 - Craft, Card making & Scrapbooking mixed media challenge - Anything Goes

 Welcome back to our Craft, Card making & Scrapbooking mixed media challenge!

We have some wonderful inspiration with some of our favourite projects from the past month from the team....

As always, the theme this month is
Anything Mixed Media/paper crafting Goes

You do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges, use any products you wish... RANDOM WINNER PRIZE: $10 GIFT VOUCHER*
for the Polkadoodles store for our lucky winner, (chosen by random.org) - this voucher can be spent across the whole store, so you can use it on dies, stamps, papers, digis, whatever you wish...

Winners of our last challenge are at the bottom of this post...

Our sponsor for 2024 is Polkadoodles and you can check out all the wonderful selection of Polkadoodles goodies in the shop.



OK, over to the challenge - let's see what the team have created for you today! More great projects from the team this month! 


Julie Nagle - This week’s Design Team Challenge was to create a card using an object from PolkaDoodles digital images to create a September Birthday Card. So many options - whatever would I choose?! My Son’s birthday is in September so instantly I thought of him. Last year he spent his birthday in Nova Scotia, Canada which led to the creation of this card. The Lighthouse from Winnie Starfish/Sandcastles proved to be just perfect for the background technique I had planned to apply to this card. I blended using PolkaDoodles Blending Brushes with tones of blue/green distress inks onto the background using a random pebble stencil for the water, and a tea colored ink for sandy beach. A pallet knife and Grit paste allowed me to mimic the crashing waves at the shoreline of the lighthouse. I Sea it’s Your Birthday was the perfect sentiment for this charming coastal creation. Dive in and give this card a try! Further details can be found on my blog.

Follow my Instagram

Wendy - For today's challenge, I tried something a little different. I used a pre-colored image. I absolutely adore the stunning colors on thIS Fantasy Moon image and wanted to use it on my card. I did pull some of the colors from the image to create a soft, simple background using my Copic markers. I also added Wink of Stella (on the moon) and some Unicorn Pearls. I love how it turned out! Thank you for looking!
Background:
Blue - BG0000, B0000, B000, B00, 0
Pink - RV0000, RV000, RV10, 0
Purple - V0000, V000, V01, 0
Green - YG0000, G20, G40, 0

Christine -This time I decided to go with a mini slimline card featuring the Little Dudes collection. I decided to go with the Cool Dude digistamp and as a bonus you get some great sentiments and three digital pattern papers to go with him. For my background I used a soft blending brush and a stencil. Love how it turned out. I colored this cool little guy up with my Copic markers. ๐Ÿ’ฎ My IG: ckndesign_craft ๐Ÿ’ฎ
Here are the colors that I used:
Skin: E000-00-21-11-04
Hair: E11-13-15-18
Pants: G99-94-21
T-Shirt: E15-18, Y35-38
Beanie and shoes: W5-7-9

JANELLE - Hello crafty friends! Here's a fun versatile fall birthday card using distress inks along with the Daisy Dragonfly Bundle ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š For more inspiration check out my IG page @janelle.paper.sparkles

Irre - Hello! Today I want to share an altered playing card with the digital stamp Ruby looking pretty. I colored the stamp with Copic alcohol markers. The playing card, I covered with a paper from paper pack 8 from Winnie Starfish/Sandcastles. Then I added texture with a stencil and modeling paste. On top of that, I added embossing powder that I embossed with a heat gun. To the edges, I added pink small flower pot stones. Finally, I added a sentiment from Winnie Daisy greetings, quotes and sentiments.
Have a crafty day!  Instagram: @scrapbyirre

Julie Barnes - The challenge for this card was Autumn or Halloween in Yellow/Orange. I chose to go with the Autumn theme as I just love the stamp set I used PD7263 Nuts About You. I also used the fabulous craft papers from paper pack In Love With Autumn PD7955 to decorate the inside of the card. I started off by stamping out several of the trees, toadstools and leaves, colouring them in and then fussy cutting them out. I ink blended the sky background using the stencil Great Outdoors PD7389 and then stamped the squirrel out onto kraft card and coloured in using Prismacolor pencils. Again, I fussy cut him out and then set about putting all the elements together on the card front. I then decorated the insert and envelope with the same stamp set.


Prismacolor colours used for this make:
PC1002 - 1034 - 118 - 924 - 922 - 925 - 937 - 945 - 1082 - 941 - 943 - 997 - 1084 - 1032 - 910

Betsy - Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing this 5" x 7" card using the new Daisy Wings Stamp Matchables and the Daisy Dragonfly Stamp Matchables. I stamped out my images and colored them using Copic markers. I used clear glitter paste along with the coordinating stencil for the flowers. I used Stickles on the foremost dragonfly wing. Then I die cut the images using the coordinating dies. I cut my background paper to 4" x 6" and adhered it to my card base. I popped up the dragonfly and flowers with foam tape. I stamped my sentiment right on the base. I added little iridscent gems to the background. And that finished my card!

Copic Colors used: YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, Y02, Y08, YR24,
E97, RV52, RV06, RV19, RV69, V000, V01, V04, V06, V09,
YG91, YG95, E43,RV10, Y00, B000, BV000, B00, V12


-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-



WINNERS FROM CHALLENGE 7
Thank you everyone who entered this challenge - we really loved looking round your blogs, you all left us some awesome work to look at and there were so many great projects it was SO hard to choose our winners this week!

OUR RANDOM $10 WINNER IS...



Well done!
PRIZE: $10 gift voucher to the Polkadoodles Store to spend on anything you like including mixed media goodies, stamps, papers & anything else!....

To claim your prize please email us HERE, quoting 'L2C winner'.
Please include this claim code L2CWK8001 in your email and claim by 25 September 2024. Allow 28 working days for a reply please.


DESIGN TEAM TOP FAVOURITES:
Sorry, there's no prize but we all loved your creations!
There were so many amazing entries this week to choose from, thankyou all!



Don't Forget to enter our other blogs too...All our challenges are Anything Goes!........
Find us here:
Digi Choosday Blog - starts Tuesday, weekly
Polkadoodles Blog - starts Saturday, weekly
Gem of a Challenge - starts Saturday, 2 weekly

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much!! Anita, Fiona & Lia's projects are so gorgeous & awesome - kudos to you all for your top picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know Lia's card is back-linked to May. Hope you don't mind me letting you know. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for choosing my mixed media tags as a Top-3 entry!! Congratulations to Becca, Fiona, and Lia as well. And how beautiful are the inspiration projects by the DT--thank you! :-) Anita xo

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!